One of the most important tasks of burning candles is MAINTENANCE. Keeping your wick trimmed will provided you with a clean burn and extends the life your candle. When you do not trim your wick the candle will burn hotter, therefore faster… leaving not allowing you to receive an even consistent burn- full life candle. Not only will your fragrance be more abundant by trimming the wick, it will reduce the risk of accumulating soot on your walls and ceiling.
*Candle Maintenance Tips*
- You should always trim your wick to ¼” each and every time before you light your candle.
- Always burn your candle in a draft-free area. Any draft of wind (ceiling fans, A/C vents, windows, etc.) will make the candle flame flicker and smoke.
- Do not burn under a shelf, as this will inhibit the amount of oxygen that is getting to the wick of the candle and can cause the candle to not burn properly.
- Discontinue use of the candle when ½” of wax remains. Burning past this point can present a fire hazard and cause the glass to break.
- If you notice your candle smoking, extinguish the flame, let the candle cool and trim the wick.